Greetings from Christchurch New Zealand,
As you may or may not have heard I have been working at the College on a Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) National Science Foundation (NSF) Grant for the past year. I have been guiding students on the development of a New Automated Weather Station(AWS) for extreme Polar climates.
The Principal Investigator, Dr. Matthew Lazzara, and I departed from Madison Wisconsin on Wednesday January 3rd for Antarctica. We will be maintaining the current AWS network by visiting stations and doing ongoing maintenance to the current network. We have in our possession Prototype Zero of the new brain for our grant and hope to deploy this while in Antarctica.
During my trip i will be maintaining a blog at the following address:
https://andykurthadventure.blogspot.com/
Feel free to follow me there.
Keeping it cool,
Andy
Thursday, January 4, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Posts
Unexpected cold delay.
Recently I haven’t posted much since day by day we have been cancelled due to weather and not many adventures happen in the lab. That i...
-
Recently I haven’t posted much since day by day we have been cancelled due to weather and not many adventures happen in the lab. That i...
-
Today we were on the Twin Otter schedule and the Helo schedule. We were not only on the Twin Otter schedule but we were also listed for o...
-
The team has been trying to get out to a few different AWS sites by Twin Otter (Airplane) this week. We have been on the schedule every d...
Have a blast, Andy! Enjoy the looooong days :)
ReplyDelete